Your personal information is important to us
What type of personal information do we collect?
The personal information that we may collect about you includes (but is not limited to):
- name and contact details including phone number, postal address and email address, password and login details for the Site, payment-related information (including the last 4 digits of a credit card you have uploaded), feedback, birth date, purchasing power (by you uploading proof of pre-finance, or volunteering purchasing power information) and details relating to your real estate for sale or real estate you have as listings;
- if a property developer subscribes to AirPropertyDeveloper, information relating to individuals working as a, or for the, property developer, name, contact details and information of individuals stored by the property developer and third parties the property developer has permitted to access its designated zone on the Site including buyer name and contact details (including phone number, postal address and email address), buyers' solicitor details and deposit amounts;
- information that you post to the Site including any files or documents that you upload; and
- information relating to your transactions, interactions, communications and postings with us and on the Site including with other users of the Site and Suppliers and your personal preferences that you tell us about.
Who do we collect personal information about?
We may collect personal information about:
- users of the Site, including visitors to the Site, who are not registered to use the Site and individuals who are registered to use the Site;
- an individual who is a potential seller or buyer of real estate and where a registered user of the Site is acting on behalf of that potential seller or buyer, an individual where a user of the Site has provided personal information about that individual;
- an individual who is a buyer or prospective buyer of real estate managed by a property developer on the Site;
- individuals working as or for construction or fit-out contractors, architects, surveyors, sales agents, and other persons contracting with property developers in connection with real estate projects managed by property developers on the Site;
- Suppliers who offer products or services on the Site;
- agents and representatives of users of the Site, including legal advisers, conveyancers, real estate agents and financial advisers; and
- other individuals who come into contact with us in the course of business.
How do we collect personal information?
In general, we will collect your personal information from you directly. This includes through online forms that you complete (such as to register as a member of the Site), through maintaining your member’s account, through your use of the Site and transactions, interactions, communications and postings with us and on the Site including with other uses.
In some cases, we may also collect your personal information from third parties – this may include (but is not limited to) collection from:
- a registered user of the Site who is acting on your behalf and other users of the Site where they have provided or posted personal information about you;
- a user of the Site, who is a property developer and who has uploaded personal information about you onto the Site or from third parties the property developer has permitted to access its designated zone on the Site and who have uploaded personal information about you onto the Site;
- agents and representatives of you including legal advisers, conveyancers, real estate agents and financial advisers;
- the Suppliers who offer products or services through the Site and our service providers and other third parties that we engage to collect your personal information on our behalf; and
- our other group companies and public sources (including the Internet) such as CoreLogic RP Data.
For what purpose do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information for the purposes of conducting our business, including (but not limited) to:
- provide and improve our Site and related services including providing a marketplace for the sale and purchase of real estate, providing a marketplace for associated products and services provided by Suppliers and providing a platform where property developers can manage documents and information connected with a real estate development;
- facilitate sellers and buyers to enter into a contract for sale and settle real estate which has been marketed on the Site;
- verify your identity and your personal information;
- process transactions and for invoicing, billing, account management and debt recovery and to support our internal business operations and functions;
- creating statistics, databases and compilations of data relating to the Site, users and real estate; and
- deal with prospective and existing investors in our business, or to facilitate a sale or restructure of our business.
Without your personal information, we may not be able to do these things. For example, you are not able to register as a member to sell or buy real estate on the Site without providing your personal information.
We may also use your personal information to market our products and services to you and those of selected third parties. This may be done through electronic communications such as email and SMS. We may also provide your personal information to selected third parties for marketing purposes. If you want to stop receiving marketing materials from us, you can “opt out” through our ‘unsubscribe’ features or by contacting us below. Unsubscribe here. If you are a prospective buyer of real estate and wish to stop any marketing communication of real estate, which meets your search criteria, you need to log into your account and change your settings.
Your use of other users' personal information
Through the Site, you may gain access to the personal information of another user or a prospective buyer or seller of real estate. When using the AirPropertyDeveloper functionality you may gain access to the personal information of buyers, prospective buyers and individuals working as contractors, agents, and other suppliers to property developers in connection with real estate projects managed by property developers on the Site. You must protect this personal information and only use it for the legitimate purposes in connection with real estate transactions with that user.
Who do we disclose personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to various third parties, including (but not limited to):
- other users of the Site, where you register on the Site and list real estate or make offers (subject to contract) to buy real estate or post content to the Site;
- where your personal information is provided through AirPropertyDeveloper, other persons who the property developer allows to have access to its designated zone on the Site;
- Suppliers who offer products and services on the Site;
- your agents or representatives, including your legal adviser, conveyancer, real estate agent or financial adviser;
- our service providers, such as those who provide accounting, business development and investment, legal, business consulting, banking, payments, debt collection, data processing, market research, insurance and technology services; and
- our other group companies for the purposes of providing services to us, to oversee our operations and where it is of relevance to their own operations.
Other users of the Site may be located outside of Australia and not subject to the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth). If you have uploaded, posted or transmitted personal information for sharing with other users, and if we (rather than you) are regarded as disclosing this personal information to another user who is an overseas recipient, you consent to us disclosing such personal information to such other user. By providing this consent you are aware that if the overseas recipient handles the personal information in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, we will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
Cookies and other technological tools
Like many other websites and apps, our Site uses ‘cookies’ and other technological tools to help us understand more about our Site and its users. A cookie is a piece of information that allows our system to identify and interact more effectively with your browser. The cookie helps us to maintain the continuity of your browsing session and remember your details and preferences when you return. You can configure your web browser software and app setting to reject cookies or other tools, however in that case, some parts of our Site may not have full functionality.
How do we keep personal information secure?
We implement a range of measures to protect the personal information that we hold from interference, loss, misuse or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Depending on the circumstances, these measures may include staff authentication, access controls, encryption, records management protocols and secure premises. We store personal information in both physical and electronic form, and this may involve the assistance of third parties such as specialist data hosting providers.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Where the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) applies, you can request access at any time to any personal information that we hold about you. To request this access, please contact us using the contact details provided below. Where permitted by law, and depending on the complexity and administration time required to process your request, we may charge a small fee in order to process your request.
You can review and update some of your personal information through your membership profile – please ensure that this is accurate and up to date at all times. If any other personal information that you have provided to us changes, or if you become aware that any personal information that we hold is incorrect, please notify us and we will use reasonable efforts to correct this as soon as possible.
If we deny any request by you to access or correct your personal information, we will provide our reasons for doing so. Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information and you disagree, you can ask us to make a note of your requested correction alongside the information.
When you request access to, or correction of, your personal information, please provide us with as much detail as possible to enable us to best assist with your request. We will respond within a reasonable period of time, but we may need further information to verify your identity.
How can you make privacy complaints?
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the contact details below. We will investigate your concern and notify you of our response as quickly as possible. We may require you to provide us with further details about your complaint and we may need to engage or consult with third parties to investigate and deal with your issue. We will keep records of our investigation and its resolution.
How can you contact us?
Phone 1300 919 031
Address 276 Petrie Terrace, Petrie Terrace QLD 4000
Last updated 09 August 2018
Airlisting Operations Pty Ltd (ABN 61 613 490 805)
Airlisting Holdings Pty Ltd (ABN 98 618 668 572)